My first steps to get Timmu interested in reading

Timmu is four years now and till now have been thinking to let him take things easy and let him indulge in free play. But somehow feel that now is the time to introduce him to more serious reading.. my experiments with making him read have not been quite much successful.. can't nail a particular reason but I guess its combination of
- My own laziness to set up a routine for him
- He finding it more interesting to tear books than read it
- he is still not comfortable recognizing words 

Now what ever is the reason I want to now give it a serious thought so my first steps I took today are:

1- Ordered some kids books online
- Junior Kumbhkaran - This is written by my ex-colleague( Arundhati Venkatesh) who turned author with this :) I feel excited to read out a story written by a person I know closely

and below ones going by recommendations on blog of another friend Simran ( need to acknowledge to her)

- Goodnight Moon - Author: Clement HurdMargaret Wise Brown
- The Very Hungry Caterpilla - By Eric Carl

2- Found out a library near by

Came across this library nearby for kids where you can borrow books on monthly membership..seems like a great idea


These are good steps to begin with and all depends again on constant effort and my commitment.


Wishing myself lots of luck!!

Comments

Post a Comment

In case this blog helps you or you have some comments please share here.

Popular posts from this blog

Gurgaon Schools Review - My experiences with Nursery admission process

Her new best friend!